Monday, January 11, 2010

Yes, I'm knitting

I have had a horrible case of bronchitis since Christmas and can't machine knit or do much else because the idea is to rest, drink water........etc...... So I decided to HK. My daughter in law made a cute helmet hat a couple weeks ago and I liked it so much I wanted one. I dug into my stash and found some green Brown Sheep wool, some red wool spun in a Third World Country and some cream colored hand spun yarn my daughter sent me from Tacoma. Perfect! The pattern is a freebie from Knitting On The Net, Ear Flap Hat by Leef Bloomensteil. I don't have ties on it yet and I think the ear flaps are a bit too long so will put it in the washer tomorrow to felt it just a little. Here's pictures of the hat so far......






3 comments:

jpirkle said...

Did you use the Addi clicks set for this hat? I just heard of them. They sound like addi needles copied like the plastic Denise needles. I love the click style. My Knit picks needles come undone every so often and I need to tighten them then. The clicks never do. I will look out for these around here now. Another new set of needles-you can never have to many. Did yours have the size 5? The first sets didn't.

Roz said...

I did use the Addi Clicks, in fact that's all I've used since I got them. I have the Boye sets and a few of the knit picks but not a whole set yet. The Boye's come apart every time I use them. I decided I must twist my needles as I knit or something. The Addi's never come undone while you are knitting I love them. I did have to order the size 10 1/2. Didn't notice there wasn't a size 5, will have to go look.

jpirkle said...

I saw how much the addi clicks cost. I will have to wait a bit to get some. I already have the Denise plastic ones so they will do for now. The Knit Picks come undone all the time. The click idea is much better. I love the colors of your hat. I haven't gone down to see Leef in a while. I need to go soon. Spring is almost here, we will have nice weather this week. Finally.