I finished my guest room (which WAS my knitting room) and a wall hanging to hang in it, just in time for a visit from my daughter who lives in Tacoma. Yaaay! Got the wall hanging done just before I went to airport to pick her up. Here's a picture of the hanging
I can still put my knitting machine back in that room, its legs are on sliders so its easy to slide to different rooms, it is presently in MY bedroom but I don't like it there because I tend to put clothes and "things" on it and even though its covered, that's not a good practice. Besides, my bedroom isn't as bright as this room and I don't have a lot of company so its a better place all around for my knitting machine.
I learned a lot with the wall hanging, mostly about stabilizers, I used some of my fabric stash because I had a lot of the blue cotton that I sewed the squares on. The cotton was fairly thin and I used a medium tearaway on it but should have either used 2 layers of the tearaway or better yet, a fusible. Reason: The pattern shifted on a couple of the squares. Actually, one of the squares came out larger than the others and didn't quite fit...naturally it was a center square so I had to do a lot of fudging. If I had more fabric I would have done that square over but already had to do 2 over again so ran out of fabric. Lesson learned! But in the end it turned out ok and I like where its living although originally I was going to hang it out on my front porch. NO WAY! It has to live in the guest/knitting room.