Monday, April 28, 2008

KnitPicks Sampler

Yaaay, my KnitPicks sampler came today. 6 balls of yarn and 4 free patterns to try out the yarn. I ordered their Georgian Sampler because I felt like it was Spring colors although I was tempted with the Winter colors too. Here's what I got: Crayon, light blue; Shine Worsted, Cream Brulee(gold); Cotlin, Kohlrabi (green); Shine Sport, Cream; Main Line, Butter Pecan; Comfy, Flamingo.

I have wanted to try their Cotlin for a while now and the Shine Sport (60% Pima Cotton, 40% Model (what's Model?)..anyway it looks like I'm going to like it actually better than the Shine worsted. Got 4 free patterns with them to try, I like the lace cap but not sure about the Morning Glory purse. Ruffled Wristwarmers would be fun to wear to the Mill. I felt like this was a pretty good bargain for $14.99, the total with shipping was $17-something.

I also got a newsletter today from Debbie Macomber, my favorite author at present. (visit Debbie at http://www.debbiemacomber.com/). She writes stories that often include knitting. Her latest book is Twenty Wishes, and its all about Blossom Street. The stories about Blossom Street revolve around a knit shop. Oh gosh, this book sounds good, the women could be me. Its about 4 widows of varying ages who form an informal support group. They decide to compile list of Twenty Wishes--things they've always wanted to do but never did. Doggone it, I wish I could meet 4 widows who would do that. She sent a knit pattern for a shawl with the newsletter and a coupon for $2.00 off the book. Would you believe she started the newsletter with "Dear Friends and Fellow Yarn Lovers... (no wonder I love this author).

1 comment:

Miki said...

Next time you visit, we'll go to the "real" Blossom Street yarn shop. It's actually near the Weaver Works store, so I know you want to visit it!