Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sorrow

I have just lost a wonderful and true friend, Steve Stancell. I met Steve almost 48 years ago when my husband and I were visiting family in South Carolina. As our family ran around the country with the Air Force, my husband kept in touch with Steve through my BIL, Roy. Roy and Steve were as close as brothers and my husband always went to visit Steve when he would come home to visit family. He and his wife, Jane, helped me so much when Howard passed away last year.

I know in my heart that Steve and Howard are together right now in Heaven. Howard is showing Steve around and they are reminiscing about the fun they had hunting, fishing and hanging out. The two of them will look down on me and Steve's wife, Jane and keep their eyes on us as we work through our respective grief. I'm going to try to remember the good times we had with Steve. He had an impact on our entire family, I know my kids remember Steve as fondly as I do Steve was like a brother to me, and as close as a distant uncle to them.
Michael Stephen Stancell, 57 husband of Jayne Stancell and father of Robbie Stancell of Central died Saturday, April 26, 2008. Born in Central, he was a son of the late Eddie Benjamin and Pauline McJunkin Stancell.
Our lady of Fatima, 1917

Holy Mary, Mother of God Pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

No comments: