Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ruffles Scarf Started

KnittingYesterday I showed the picture of a Lion Brand scarf kit using their Ruffles Yarn. I thought I'd show an update today. I sat down and did my cast on, 1 row knit, 1 row purl with the Lion Cashmere yarn and then knitted 1 row with Ruffles. It went fast BUT second row stumped me and I'm going to have to sit and watch the video with needles in hand trying to figure out how to purl with this yarn. Honestly I'm not sure I'm supposed to purl or if there's 2 rows of knitted ruffles yarn because of the way its written. Oh, you know I just looked at the back of the label that has the same pattern (written differently and it says to do 5 knit rows with Ruffles. I'm positive the .pdf says to do 1 row knit and then repeat last row. Well---ok so I knit another row (or 5 rows). Hummm.

Anyway here's what got finished yesterday. First picture shows what happened when Biscuit got ahold of my yarn. I suppose he figures if I can knit, so can he. I THOUGHT he was being pretty quiet when I was getting ready for bed. Thankfully he didn't get to the actual knitting.




























Here's what the 2 rows of Cashmere and 1 row of Ruffles looks like. Tonight I'll try to knit another row of it and re-read the pattern to see if I do 1 more row or 5 more rows.

ONE OTHER THING: In case you didn't know this:

Cell PhoneJust leave it up to Google to come up with something like this Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed > dial: 1-800-goog411. This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road. Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number.
I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for "411Google" that I have programmed. The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, " Garland , Texas ."He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, "Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone.
How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free! Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick > demonstration.
http://www.google.com/goog411/







No comments: